Tuesday, November 26, 2013

In-Class Photo Critique #2

1)  http://500px.com/photo/53199360
 

    This first photograph looks like a waterfall coming down a mountainside but really it is misty clouds sweeping down into a valley of trees. The scene is very serene and peaceful. A high f/stop was most likely used in order to caption the mist in slow motion like that. I like the variation in shades of blue at the top of the photo and then the clouds sweep the eyes downward, following the motion of the mist.

2)   http://500px.com/photo/53223664

   The second photograph is of a mossy rock sticking up out of the surface of the ocean. The forefront of the shot makes my eyes hurt a little looking at it too long because it is very blurry. My eyes want to focus more on the rock that is clear. Looking at the rock, the point of the top of the rock helps for the eyes to follow up the photo and out to the horizon line. Once again, I really like the variation of blues from the sky and down to the water. The blues bring you forward to the rock and then dissipate.

3) http://500px.com/photo/53186784

    The third and last photograph is of a squirrel falling in mid-air about to land on a branch. I like how the tree branch is in the middle of the bottom of the photo and going forward into the picture. I like the capture of light on the squirrel's back. I also like how the colors of the squirrel were captured nicely; his oranges and browns. The background may be a bit too blurred out for my eyes, but I like that the green background is blurred out because if it wasn't, the eye wouldn't be able to focus on the squirrel. Maybe if just the background was blurred and not the tree branch, that would be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment